Sunday, March 02, 2014

Vacation

Keith has been working so hard at his job. He put in a time off request a while back for a couple of weeks in February, and we had been going back and forth on what we should do for that time. At first we were thinking a quick trip to Disneyland! Or Disney World! And we even looked at cruises. We started to price and compare everything and it was not looking awesome. I am so used to getting into Disney for free, so I had a little bit of sticker shock. I was feeling really nervous about spending so much money, so we talked about it, and decided to just have a stay-cation. It made us both feel a lot better, plus, we could spend more time with Evie and take her to the zoo and whatnot. We were a little bummed, but still excited to just relax.

Two weeks before Keith's vacation he went to an awards ceremony at work. He came home with some big news! He had won supervisor of the YEAR! I am so proud of him. He brought home a giant poster of himself and a plaque with his name on it. He then showed me what he won - a bunch of gift cards and travel vouchers. It was enough to get us to Disney! I was in tears! I just felt so blessed.



We decided to do a Disney Cruise! We booked it that night and we would be leaving in 2 weeks! YEEEE!

It was a REALLY tough decision, but we decided to leave Evie at home with Keith's parents. I wanted to take her, and I was afraid of being apart from her so long. I was really emotional about it. I think I did really well though. I missed her a lot, but overall, I think I needed a break. She is a handful, I tell ya!

The cruise was really magical. I miss it so much. I miss being able to eat whatever I wanted, and then not have to clean or worry about anything! We had a great time and met some awesome people. I just wish we could have brought Evie and stayed forever!

Here are some highlights.
Our beautiful ship - The Disney Magic.

Night 1, after dinner. We liked to just walk around after dinner and explore.

I wanted SO BAD to do a Titanic thing, but Keith wouldn't do it. So here's me. I'm king of the world... or something.

On a ferry boat to Paradise Island.

All dolled up for dress-up night.

At Serenity Bay at Castaway Cay

Pirate Night! We were by far the most dressed up there. We came prepared. Here we are with our good friend, Jack.

BYE! This made me cry. I didn't want to leave!!

It was okay, though, because as soon as we left the cruise ship, we headed straight to Disney World. And we were there for 13 hours. The next day we went home and reunited with Evie. The end.

No comments: