Thursday, November 14, 2013

Before and After

I've been doing a lot of transformations lately. Here's some photos of what I've been up to:

BEFORE: Nasty green walls, built in desk with no holes to put cords so the computer has to be on top, no storage space.


AFTER!: New wall color! New desk and filing cabinet (Craigslist!), new wall decorations! YAY!

I love it, and most importantly, Keith loves it. It's his space, after all...
Clock: Home Goods $12
Frame: Ikea $10
Chinese Artwork: A friend from Disney made it. It says "Happy Disney" in Chinese.
Canvas Art: $1 at garage sale
Desk and filing cabinet: $130 on craigslist
(desk originally came from Ikea)

I'm pretty proud of it.

I don't have a before picture, but imagine this space's before picture with the same ugly green walls, and different posters arranged awkwardly. 

Trust me, it's so much better than before.

Here are some more transformations I've done recently:
I got some silver platters at the Goodwill that were tarnished. I got the tarnish off.

 Here is a frame I got at a garage sale for $3. I turned it into a chalkboard. I wanted to make it into a dry erase sheet metal thing, but this was cheaper. :)

And then I tried out a tarnish remover recipe I found on Pinterest to get the tarnish off of these old silver spoons from my dad's collection. It worked!

I love bringing life back into things.

No comments: