Saturday, October 26, 2013

Busy Busy!

Hi there. Quite a bit has happened in the past 2 months! I know, I should probably update more often. I just feel like I'm talking to myself here sometimes.

Let's see...
Since the last time I posted, I've watched the entire series of Breaking Bad. I watched like 4 episodes a day while Evie slept. I didn't get much else done in that time. It's a great show! Keith started watching a couple weeks ago and he's almost caught up, too.






I've become addicted to thrifting. Keith's job doesn't pay great, and since I'm a stay at home mom, I can't do as much retail therapy as I used to. When I go thrifting though, I feel like I get even more of a rush when shopping, and it doesn't break the bank! Here are some of my favorite recent purchases within the past couple months:

 


And then here's my favorite purchase:
I LOVE IT.


Evie is growing so much. She now says over 40 words (I have made a list). She doesn't say them all clearly, but we know what she's saying at least. Our favorite word she says is "Bird" because it sounds like she's saying "B****". LOL Recently it sounds more like "Beets" so it's not as alarming when she says it.

A month ago, Evie chipped her tooth in the bath tub. SAD DAY. Let me tell you - I was more upset than she was. She got to go to her first dentist appointment which she HATED. The dentist said that it looks fine and that if we want to get it filled in later that we could, but it's not really necessary. I have a feeling that if we were to get it fixed, that she would just knock the filling out, or knock another tooth. So we will wait a while. :) She definitely takes after her daddy though. Most of his teeth are fake because he was so reckless as a child. 

Top right tooth. See, it's not even that bad.

In the past couple of weeks, my mom and I have been busy with redecorating! My mom has lived in our house in San Antonio for 9 years and it has been long overdue. We've had the same color on the walls, the same decorations, and everything for a while. There were also rooms that used to have lots of character that have become hodge podge decor rooms. So I fixed that. We're still in the process, but I'm done painting! 

I don't have any before photos for the rooms, so I'll show you the during and after.

 Crappy Panoramic of the media room. I didn't paint it, but I made it my own by adding my own decor. My old high school friends should remember this one. The Hollywood sign is the only reminder of it's previous days.

Here's the kitchen. GOODBYE YELLOW!!
I had to paint in stages. I did the trim one night after Evie went to bed, and then the next morning I only painted the top half of the room so baby fingers couldn't reach. During her next nap I got to finish. 


 After:

I've also redone the upstairs game room and computer nook, but I'll post on that later. We need a few more finishing touches up there.

ANYWAY, so that's what I've been up to. Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Kaylee said...

Ha I remember that Hollywood sign!!

Evie is such a cutie!! My 5 year old just chipped his tooth a few days ago too!

Keep posting! I love to see what old friends are up to!!

Jared and Brielle Rucks said...

I helped paint that Hollywood sign right before your birthday party? Or some kind of get together! I can't believe she has lived there for 9 years!