Saturday, August 17, 2013

Ketchup.

Since Evie turned one, I've stopped with the monthly updates. It's been a while!
Here's a little update on what we've been up to.

It's been so hot this summer that we don't leave the house much after noon. We spend a lot of time at home and at second home: Keith's parent's house. I've been helping Keith's mom redecorate her home. It's been a ton of fun! We shopped for things on craigslist and get ideas from Pinterest. We have painted furniture and have hung up new photos and curtains. It looks 10 times better now.

I made this from a photo I took at the San Antonio Temple. I love it!

This month Evie and I took a trip by ourselves to California! Keith had to work, so I was brave and flew 4 hours with a squirmy toddler. It was no small feat. She did way better than I thought she would have though. I had plenty of toys and things to keep her occupied. 
We went to California for my mom's 70th birthday/Family reunion. The last time all my brothers and sisters were together was in 2008, so it was about time. We went rafting down the American River in Sacramento together which was a lot of fun. It was great to see everyone again and introduce Evie to most of my family!


I also reunited with my nephew/BFF, David. He has glorious long hair now. 

After the reunion in Sacramento, I went to see my brother Don and his family. It's always nice to see them. I feel so at home with them. They let me stay with them for a couple of days and it was a lot of fun! Evie loved playing with baby Aadison and loved playing outside when we were there. The grass is super soft in California compared to our grass in Texas. 
So happy!

I got home on the 7th, and then the 8th was Keith and my 5th anniversary! Keith surprised me with a trip to Houston. We left Evie with my inlaws and left! It was awesome to get away for a while. I've missed that freedom! We had a great time. We went to the aquarium first, and I got to touch a sting ray for the first time. Then we ate at Hard Rock Cafe (Our usual). It was very nice.


In general Evangeline news: She is repeating a lot of words we say. Her new favorites are "BASS" for bath and "BOU-C" for "bouncy". It's so cute to hear her talk. She does "Woo-woo" for dog noises and "WOWW" for cat. She's communicates pretty well for being only 13 and a half months.

I'm having to baby proof more than ever now. She is no longer interested in her toys anymore. She plays with anything she possibly can. She's pretty good at minding though! I just have to look at her sternly and say "Nooo..." and she gets a pouty lip and stops the bad thing she's doing... sometimes. haha 

We're learning all kinds of new things and it's so much fun! I love that girly.

No comments: