Friday, July 05, 2013

Evie's 1st Birthday

My baby is one year old. I can't believe how fast that year went.

For Evie's birthday I was an emotional mess. I was sad for me that my baby is growing up. I was just reflecting on the year all week, thinking about how happy Evie has made out lives. I was really excited for her party! I wanted her to have SO much fun on her special day. Very emotional.

I had scheduled her 1-year checkup to be ON her birthday. I wish I hadn't. I felt like a terrible mother for letting her get SHOTS on her birthday. I know she doesn't know it's her birthday, but I did, and I wanted her to have a good day. Poor baby was crying so much while we were there. I felt so bad.

Sad baby watching Blues Clues after her appt.

The doctor asked us some questions, and I told him about how she had a fever earlier in the week. When he checked her ears and throat, he saw infections, which explains the fever. He said it was contagious, which means her friends couldn't come to her party later that evening. I was SO bummed, but after much thought, I decided that the party must go on.

We ended up having a lot of fun. Despite Evie being sick, she loved the company and the attention. Thanks to all those who came!













No comments: