Sunday, June 30, 2013

Our trip to Tyler

There was a Lindsey family reunion in Tyler, TX a couple of weeks ago and Keith and I had the pleasure of going! It was nice to meet family I had never met before and learn all about that side of the family.

Evie was really good on the trip. She slept most of the way there. When we got to the hotel she wasn't very sleepy at all. She was happy to be out of the car and was getting into everything. I put her on the bed and let her play in the pillows and jump around. I turned around for ONE SECOND to take something out of my suitcase, and she fell off the bed. I felt horrible, but she was okay and only needed some kisses to make things better. She was back to playing after that.

It was hard to get her to sleep that night, or to even relax. We had some apps on my phone to keep her calm before bedtime.



The real reason we went to Tyler was to visit Keith's grandparents. Keith's grandmother, AKA "Nanny" just found out she is really sick, so we wanted to see her before their big move to Arizona.

It was fun seeing the Lindsey Ranch for the first time. I got to see the place where Keith visited as a little kid. There's a wall in the kitchen with all of Nanny and Poppy's grandchildren's height marked on it. Evie and I finally got to contribute.

It was a nice visit, and one to remember forever! We love you, Nanny and Poppy!


No comments: