Tuesday, December 25, 2012

It's that time of year again!

Merry Christmas! Evangeline went to bed, so I thought I'd update on the past couple of weeks.

My birthday was on the 13th (Same as every year!) and it was pretty low key. I stayed in my pajamas til noon and took care of Evie all day. I did get her a new high chair on Craigslist that I'm really proud of. It is originally $279 but I got it for $100! Woohoo! It's an amazing deal. So Evie got to enjoy her Christmas present early. And happy birthday to me! I like how easy it is to clean!


Oh, and Keith bought me a new phone so now I can take better instagram pictures. lol

I had a small get together with my family the following Saturday which was really nice. I don't usually like to make a big deal of my birthday anymore, but since I turned 25 this time I thought it was worth celebrating. :) I had fun spending my birthday gift money, too. It's been a while since I've bought anything for myself without feeling guilty about it.

Last night and today we celebrated Christmas with our families. It was fun to see Evie get so excited about her toys and the wrapping paper. She just sat and played with the wrapping paper for an hour. She's so funny. She got SO many gifts from everyone. She's still the only grandchild on Keith's side so far so she was a bit spoiled. I feel really blessed to have such great family.  

Today I was so excited to watch Evie open her presents that I woke up before she did! I was surprised that she slept so long on the one day I wouldn't have minded if she woke up early. She finally woke up and I went to get Keith, but he was so tired from his new schedule that we had to wait to open presents until 1pm! It worked out though. She had no idea what was going on anyway. :D

I can't believe it's come and gone - My baby's first Christmas. She is such a sweet little girl, I couldn't imagine my life this year without her.  

1 comment:

Terrie B said...

Yikes! When did high chairs get so expensive!! I think I remember paying $50 brand new, but usually whatever brand Sears or Costco had. Must be something fancy about this one, so you got a great deal!

I fear she's growing outta that sucker soon though!