Sunday, August 19, 2012

Ikea

Life with a new baby is not very exciting. I stay at home a lot. I try to get out of the house sometimes while either my mom or Keith watches the baby. The first time we did that, I felt so guilty and was gone for a total of an hour. Now I try to enjoy myself. The first time I went grocery shopping with Evangeline was very unsuccessful. I got maybe 4 things on my list and had to leave because it was too difficult. It's so hot here, that she doesn't like to stay in her car seat stroller. I don't blame her. So I had to hold her while pushing the stroller, and get groceries.

 On Thursday all the Lindsey ladies went to Ikea in Round Rock. It's about an hour and a half of a drive, so I thought about giving it a try with the baby. It went better than expected! She slept for the first hour, and when she woke up we just stopped to eat lunch. Poor baby was just hot! She felt better as soon as she got out of the car seat. After lunch she didn't enjoy being back in there, but we went on. Again, once we got out of the car she was fine. We held her the whole time and she was awake the whole time. She was happy though!

Finally as we were checking out, she fell asleep. I felt like that was a good sign that she would stay asleep in the car. I was wrong. She was asleep for maybe 10 minutes, and then 30 minutes of crying. We stopped for dinner to make her happy again. She on-and-off slept the rest of the way home, but never got a solid nap all day. 

She didn't get to sleep for real until 2am the next morning, but when she did, it was for 6 and a half hours! WOOT! It really wasn't that bad, all in all. She was so good at Ikea which is all I ask. I love her sooo much.


3 comments:

Rachael said...

You should get a baby carrier/sling. I've seen people use them at church and out shopping etc. I already have one that I'm excited to use when the baby comes. Mines a sleepy wrap, the moby ones are pretty much the same. They seem the best to me. Then you could take Evangeline shopping more with you :)

Angela and Keith said...

I do have one but she's not old enough for the positions where she's facing outwards. I'll try it and see if she can hold her head up for a while. She likes to see what's going on. :)

david and christina said...

just keep trying with the carseat or else she will never get used to it. its hard but soon enough she will be great with trips to the store and then longer trips. good luck